The Structured Curriculum Vitae is scored out of a potential 20 points. The required components are:
Part 1 Core Expectations Maximum 14 points
Work experience 6 points
Skills Courses 4 points
Research Experience 4 points
Part 2 Additional Expertise Maximum 6 points
Higher Degrees 4 points
Cultural Experience 3 points
Start your application
Each step must be completed and submitted before moving to the next, after each submission a copy of your submission will be emailed to you. Once submitted you cannot add additional information to that step. Any questions email Prue Elwood, Education and Training Manager at email@example.com or 027 586 4336
Selection Registration Opens | Wednesday 12 Jan 2022
Selection Registration Closes | Wednesday 9 Feb 2022
Selection Applications Open | Wednesday 2 March 2022
Selection Applications Close | Wednesday 30 March 2022
Workplace Assessment Reporting Opens | Friday 29 April 2022
Workplace Assessment Reporting Closes | Friday 13 May 2022
Interview Date | 1 July 2022
- must have successfully completed the Generic Surgical Science Exam (GSSE) prior to applying. Details about the exam can be found on the RACS website
- must have pre-registered with RACS in each year of application, this must be done even if you have applied previously.
- must be currently working in a New Zealand hospital and have completed a minimum of 52 weeks of Orthopaedics at Registrar level or above in a New Zealand Orthopaedic Department prior to the closing date for applications.
- from and including the 2023 application year (this means the year of application) must have successfully completed the Clinical Exam (CE) at the time of application.
All applications are made through an online application
- Access is login and password controlled.
- The online application requires you to complete the application in STEP's and submit after each one including uploading all supporting documentation.
- Once a STEP is completed and submitted you will be emailed a copy. Once you submit a STEP it will be saved and you will no longer have access.
- Before commencing ensure you have all supporting information you need for each STEP, you cannot save and come back to add documentation.
- No extensions will be granted, we recommend completing and submitting well before the due date.
- Once completed you will be given the option of paying via credit card or receive an invoice.
- It is important that you read the SET APPLICATION REGULATIONS BEFORE applying as these detail the Selection Process.
To receive a copy of the Reconsideration, Review and Appeals Mechanism contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information contact: Prue Elwood | Education and Training Manager | email@example.com | 04 913 9898 | 027 586 4336
The JDocs Framework is aligned to the RACS Core Competencies and provides junior doctors with the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected for entry to procedural specialist training.
New Zealand Orthopaedic trainees who complete the five-year SET Program and succeed in the Fellowship Examinations are eligible to be awarded the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).